Sarah’s blog 2/1/2023
Happy New Year to you all. Wishing you health & happiness in 2023.
We are looking forward to another busy and successful year. Our biggest achievement in 2022 was raising enough money for phase 1 of Bright Futures Secondary School to be built, providing education and a way out of extreme poverty for some of the most vulnerable teenagers in rural Northern Malawi. In 2023, we must continue our fundraising so classrooms 3 & 4 can be built by Sept 2023 in order that students can continue their education in Bright Futures Secondary School.
There are many obstacles; heavy rain (it’s the rainy season now), Cholera has closed schools in the south of Malawi (thankfully there are no cases in the far north so far), malnutrition and hunger, rising costs in Malawi, and never having enough money to do everything that needs doing or helping everyone who needs our help.
However, despite all these obstacles that are put in our way, we are changing lives. With your help, we are making a difference. We are a lifeline to hundreds of orphans and vulnerable children in rural northern Malawi.
We need you on our team now more than ever. As we continue to grow, we need more volunteers. Because our charity is run by a small group of dedicated volunteers, all money donated goes to the projects we support and no money is spent on admin. Here is what you can do to help us:
- Can you share our posts?
- Can you make a one off donation?
- Will you commit to a £5 or £10 donation each month to help us continue to feed malnourished children?
- Will you take part in a sponsored event for our charity?
- Can you host an event within your community or business on our behalf?
- Can you pay £20 for a box of books to be sent as part of The School Literacy Project?
- Can you sponsor an orphan for £25 a month to give them a brighter future?
- If you are in central Scotland, will you invite us to speak at your church, club or school?
- Can you organise collections of stationary, preloved school uniform, shoes & books for us?
- Are you good at fundraising or grant applications? or any other skills? we’d love to hear from you!
My birthday is in 2 days time and I’d love it, if anyone has any spare pennies, that they help me raise some money for a microscope and some other science equipment for Bright Futures Secondary School https://www.facebook.com/donate/465142452480110/
Be part of our team, Changing Lives (in) Malawi and making brighter futures for hundreds of vulnerable children and their community. Let’s make 2023 a wonderful year for the children of Ibuluma. Let them know that they are known and people care about each of them. Please help us continue Changing Lives Malawi.
Three quotes from the late Archbishop Desomond Tutu: ‘Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.’ ‘Your ordinary acts of love and hope point to the extraordinary promise that every human life is of insetimable value.’ ‘If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.’ He was a very wise man.
Happy New Year from the team at Changing Lives Malawi! Thank you again. Enjoy these photos, Sarah x